3/2/14

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge Review

Cruel Beauty had me on the edge of my seat from the first page. It is about a girl named Nyx who has known all her life that she was going to marry the demon lord, Ignifex, who killed her mother, and then kill him. She never expected to fall in love with him though.
  After I read the synopsis for this book I was all over it, and once I saw the cover I was in love with it. The world building in this book blew my mind. Cruel Beauty contains a world where a demon lord rules, and this demon lord likes to make deals. However, these deals always end up with someone dead, and that is how Nyx’s mother was killed. Nyx was raised knowing she would not marry for love, and her father never seemed to care for her, he only seemed to care for her sister.
  I read this book in one sitting because the plot is so complex and intriguing that you are kept on your toes at all times. Nyx’s character is so well written that anyone can relate to her on some level. I was so happy when I finished the book; I loved the story so much.
  Cruel Beauty is also loosely based off Beauty and the Beast, and I love fairy tales so I knew I would love this book. I recommend this book to anyone who loves fantasy, magic, mystery, a heroine who is feisty, and a misunderstood demon lord. You will love it. A five out of five stars, definitely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment