3/16/14

Over You by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus Review


    Max had her heart broken and dropped out of high school. You would think her life would be over right? Wrong. Max decided that she wouldn't let girls drown themselves in sorrow over a breakup, so she decided to create Ex, Inc. Ex, Inc. is guaranteed to help any girl get over her heartbreak and make the guy who dumped her see what he lost. But when Max's ex shows up out of the blue, Max's feelings get muddled. Can Max help take her own advise and get over him, or will everything fall apart?

    Reading the synopsis of this book, I was so excited to read Over You because who doesn't love a little revenge in their books? I started reading it and I just couldn't get into it like I usually can with other books. Don't get me wrong, the story is great, the characters are unique and funny, but I just wasn't feeling the story. I finished the book, and as it got towards the end, things really picked up. However, when I finished I wasn't blown away. This is a good book to read to pass the time, kind of like an in between serious books book, but it isn't one I would really rave about. I know I set my expectations high for this book, based on the synopsis, but a book should be up to par with its synopsis. Maybe you will love this book, we all have different tastes, but I felt like the story was slow to start and when it picked up, it got predictable. I didn't much care for the switching POVs either. I feel like if there are more POVs than one, then I can't insert myself into the role of the main character but that's just me. There is a love story in here of course and I thought that it was cute, a bit predictable, but cute. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a light read and a story of overcoming breakups. Read it and see how you like it! I gave it three out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment