4/4/14

Lady Thief (Scarlet #2) by A.C. Gaughen




    Scarlet has saved Nottinghamshire once from bloodshed and starvation; will she have to do it again? The royal court has come to Nottinghamshire to appoint a new sheriff and everyone has faith that Prince John will choose correctly. However, when Scarlet hears that Lord Gisbourne- the man Scarlet was forced to marry- is coming back, she knows that the prince has something other than the safety of Nottinghamshire on his mind. Scarlet’s past is coming back to haunt her, Robin’s is eating him alive, and it is tearing them apart. Scarlet will do anything to help Robin, even put her life on the line. Therefore, when Gisbourne gives her a chance to annul their marriage she jumps at the chance, not caring what Gisbourne has in store for her. Scarlet is forced to act like a lady for Gisbourne and the royal court, and put on a show of being a good wife. Soon Scarlet discovers something that will change her life forever that is if Prince John does not kill her first. The enemy surrounds Scarlet, and she knows that whatever the prince has planned that someone will die. Who will pay the price? 

    When I read Scarlet, I did not think that the series could get any better, but it did. IT REALLY DID. I cannot stop thinking about this book. Yes, I only finished reading it last night, but I will not forget this book easily. I love everything about it, the characters, the story, and the action. I want to be Scarlet because she is so fierce and strong. In this book, Scarlet’s problems seem to get worse, yet she does not break. I love strong heroines in a story because not a lot of books show a heroine who is just as tough as the boys, yet is still seen as a girl. Robin is not your average love interest either and I love it. He has his faults, he is secretive and stubborn but he loves Scarlet no matter what. They are both willing to die for each other, but not recklessly so. The plot in Lady Thief also made my heart pound. Every page I was waiting for something bad to happen, I really was on the edge of my seat worrying for Scarlet and Robin. AND THAT PLOT TWIST! I was so shocked I had to put down the book for a few minutes. I kept asking “why” out load. This book captivated me.  I was so emotionally invested that I cried when it ended. I am not an easy crier either. I really have fallen in love with the series and I do not think you will be disappointed with it either. I gave it five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment