4/15/14

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins Review




    Harper Price is the belle of Alabama. She has the perfect boyfriend, she is a cheerleader, and to top it all off she is the president of pretty much every school club available. However, on the night of her homecoming dance, everything changes. Harper is imbued the power of a Paladin, a mysterious race of knights who are gifted with strength and agility which she will need to fight of her crazy sword wielding history teacher. The craziness just keeps coming when Harper is told she was given this power to protect David Stark, the school reporter, and her arch nemesis. Things get even more complicated when Harper begins to fall for David, and they realize that David is even more special then they could have ever imagined. David’s fate now lies in Harper’s hands, but will she accept the burden?

    I love this book so much. Everything about it appealed to me from the sword wielding southern belle to the idea of the mysterious power of a Paladin. Rachel brought this book to life and I loved every minute of it. Harper seems perfect in the beginning but as the story progresses you begin to see that she has cracks, and that is what I love in a book. I love it when the main character has flaws even when they seem perfect because it makes the story even more real. Not only did the characters keep me entertained, but also the plot had me hungry for more. I would have read this book in one sitting if sleep had not gotten in the way. The plot has so many twists and turns that you are kept on your toes throughout the whole book. The action and adventure in the book also helps captivate your attention, and when you are done, you are left wanting more! I highly recommend this book to anyone because this is a book you NEED in your collection, trust me. I gave it five out of five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment