June 22, 2014

Promise of Shadows by Justina Ireland Review!



   
    Zephyr Mourning is in hell, literally. She has killed a god, a feat no one has ever accomplished and the gods are out to get her. Her punishment was to be sent to the lowest level of the underworld. However, Zephyr escapes and is on the run from her prison camp when a boy from her past suddenly shows up and changes everything. With his arrival, he brings the news that she just might be the Nyx, a dark goddess come to life who is prophesied to change the balance of power for everyone. It is now Zephyr’s job to save the half-gods who have lived in fear of the gods for ages. However, she fails to see how she can save anyone when she cannot even save herself.  Zephyr must take charge of her dark power even if it means losing herself or else the whole world will be lost. 

    From the very first page of Promise of Shadows, I was hooked. We are thrown into Zephyr’s life in the underworld and I could not stop reading from there. Right away, we come to understand that Zephyr has not had an easy life and I am immediately attached to her.  It usually takes a while for me to get attached to a character, but within 5 pages of Promise of Shadows I was feeling for Zephyr. I loved her feisty side but I also loved that she was sensitive too. The action in this book does not disappoint either. This book is one whole action packed journey. I was never bored, even for a moment and I was always kept on my toes wondering what would happen next. I also loved the interactions Zephyr had with the famous gods too. That is one thing I love about Greek mythology based books. I love the fact that we get to see and read about the gods and see how authors imagine them to be. Everything about this book is captivating from the journey and struggle Zephyr goes through to the romance and emotions she has to deal with. It has everything a book needs and a reader wants. It has romance, fighting, amazing characters, and a journey of self-discovery. Promise of Shadows has landed itself among my top ten favorite books and I believe it will be everyone’s favorite too. Do not miss out on this amazing book, you will love it as much as I do. I will definitely be reading more of Justina Ireland’s books.  I give it five out of five stars.