July 3, 2014

Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland Review!




  Cody Graff was only twelve when she prayed that someone would save her. She had no choice. The Furies answered her prayers and she owes them. But they are becoming too powerful and they are making Cory do things she can no longer deem righteous. She needs to find a way to get the Furies out of her head. As Cory starts a new school, she fears that the Furies will begin to pressure her to kill again. That is until she meets Niko, who can offer her more than vengeance, and quiets the Furies inside her head. However, the Furies cannot be denied and Cory may not survive when they decide they no longer want to wait for more vengeance. 

   Vengeance Bound had my heart racing with every page turned. From the first page, I knew I would not be able to put it down. We are thrown into a story of mystery, vengeance, and myth, and the action does not stop until the book ends. I loved how brave Cody was and how she fought the Furies with every step. The romance between Cody and Niko just made the book even more interesting. I loved that the book focused more on Cody and her search for freedom and revenge rather than her romance with Niko. Not only does the romance satisfy the reader, but also the action is equally electrifying. The way Justina wrote the action scenes made me feel like I was practically standing right there when it happened.  This book is not like any YA book I have ever read, and I have read a lot. The ending had me wanting more and those are the best kind of books. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a unique book full of myth, action, vengeance, and a little bit of romance. I give Vengeance Bound five out of five stars.