10/5/14

The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris Review!

17696131



    According to the guys at Fairfield Academy, there are two types of girls: the kind you hook up with, and the kind you're friends with. Seventeen-year-old Alyssa Reed is the second type. And she hates it. With just one year left to change her rank, she devises a plan to become the first type by homecoming, and she sets her sights on the perfect date—Justin Carter, Fairfield Academy’s biggest hottie and most notorious player.

With 57 days until the dance, Aly launches Operation Sex Appeal and sheds her tomboy image. The only thing left is for Justin actually to notice her. Enter best friend Brandon Taylor, the school’s second biggest hottie, and now Aly’s pretend boyfriend. With his help, elevating from “funny friend” to “tempting vixen” is only a matter of time.

But when everything goes according to plan, the inevitable “break up” leaves their friendship in shambles, and Aly and Brandon with feelings they can’t explain. And the fake couple discovers pretending can sometimes cost you the one thing you never expected to want.

    I love stories like these where best friends fall in love with each other, and The Fine Art of Pretending is that kind of story. This book made me flail around in excitement so many times I can't even begin to describe how embarrassing it was. It is a total fangirl worthy story. The Fine Art of Pretending is an amazing story with hilarious and heartfelt dialogue, crazy friends, and nail biting scenes that had my heart on the verge of breaking. I mean this book has everything I love in it: unexpected love, jealousy, a storyline that you just fall in love with, and characters that you instantly click with. I was surprised at how attached I became to Aly and Brandon. I think part of that was because I got to see both of their POVs , which I loved. I admit that I see Brandon as another book boyfriend of mine because he is just so…AMAZING.  I admit I got emotional while reading this book, but that is a good thing. When your emotions get tied into a book like this it is easy to immerse yourself into the story. I got angry, sad, happy, and even thoughtful. Not only is this book amazing and fun to read, but also has a serious undertone about it. This book brings up the topic of bullying, and changing yourself for others. I love it when a book can be fun to read but also meaningful, and The Fine Art of Pretending is just like that. All in all, I loved this book. I stayed up until 4:30 AM on a school night/ morning to finish it. That has to tell you how much I loved it. It has quickly become one of my favorite books of 2014! This is the first book of Rachel's that I have read, and this book has convinced me that I need to read the rest of her books! Just know that you need this book in your life. I give it five out of five stars!

 

1 comment:

  1. I reaaally want to read this book! And your review makes me want to read it that much more xD I love those types of stories too

    ReplyDelete