12/2/14

The Hit List by Nikki Urang Review!


18035342


 The Los Angeles Conservatory for the Arts is supposed to be a new beginning for Sadie Bryant. Moving across the country is exactly what she needs to escape the gossip surrounding her injury, the devastating betrayal of her ex-partner, and to rebuild her career as a solo dancer.

When the school announces that the annual Fall Showcase, a performance that secures a spot studying in London, will now require each dancer to have a partner, Sadie’s fresh start is a nightmare. Now she has to dance with Luke Morrison, the school womanizer with a big ego. Sadie doesn’t know how to trust Luke enough to dance with him after her last partner left her broken, but Luke is determined to change that.

Then, The Hit List comes out. A game of sexual conquest where guys get points for all the girls they hook up with—and it seems like every guy at the school is playing.

The girl worth the most points? Sadie.

     The Hit List really has a great start. I could tell that it was going to make me emotional by the way Sadie talks about what her ex-partner did, and the hit list that is created. I just knew that I was going to get very angry and emotional while I read this book. I was right, too! This book is one hell of a rollercoaster ride. Seriously, my emotions were thrown all over the place. The drama in The Hit List was unlike anything I’ve ever read about before. This book gets an A + in the drama department, but it works with the story and it makes things a lot more interesting. I love the world of ballet, I think it is absolutely beautiful and to match it, this book is so beautifully written. One thing that had my blood boiling was the hit list that was created in the book. It really pissed me off because Sadie deserves a guy who will appreciate her, not use her to get points in a game. It makes me hate all the guys that pay any attention to her because I believe they are jerks with ulterior motives. Although I didn’t like the idea of the hit list, it did wonders for the book. It sucked me in and captivated my heart. One thing is for sure; my heart was blown wide open in this book.

     I hurt when Sadie hurt and those flashbacks she had made my heart break. I felt for her. I know what it's like to feel cheated and betrayed, which makes it was easier to put myself in Sadie's shoes. It also makes everything hurt more. I just wanted to protect Sadie from everything that could harm her. She kept saying that people would always leave given the chance and my heart broke every time she said it. I loved Sadie’s character throughout the book and how much she grew. Her feistiness grows as the story progresses and I LOVE it. It fits her so well and I can totally relate. She had me cheering her on because I love heroines that don't take crap from anyone.  Another thing I love about her story is that along with being heart wrenching, it is also inspiring. Getting over an injury like that and not letting it stop you just makes me feel inspired and uplifted.

     Now, it’s time to talk about Sadie and Luke.  I had confused feelings about Luke at first. Half the time, I wanted to slap him and the other half, I wanted to hug him. His mood swings irritated the hell out of me. BUT, he grew on me although I really didn’t know how to feel about him until the end. The relationship between Sadie and Luke was slow and sweet. It takes Sadie awhile to trust him and I thank God she takes her time, but I also like that she finally let her vulnerable side show. There were a LOT of rough patches between them to say the least, but I had faith in them both.  The dance scenes between Luke and Sadie were magical. I felt the intensity through the pages and I loved it. Also, when Sadie told Luke she wants to be his only exception *CUE MINI HEART ATTACK PLUS FANGIRLING* I may have died. The things Luke says in this book will make your heart melt. Seriously, The Hit List is so quotable for sweet things, like Nick's parting line makes you go “awhhh”.  

     I really couldn't put the book down. I read it in one sitting in 3 hours. That's how captivating it is. I didn't expect to get into like I did, I was surprised. However, I am so glad I did. You don’t realize you are hooked until you have to put it down. That twist at the end made my heart hurt so much too. The Hit List is a very inspirational and emotional read about trusting again and finding yourself in the chaos of life. I loved it. Truly. My emotions were thrown about, my heart hurt a lot, my eyes tears up, and I got inspired. THAT is the kind of book I love. I give it five out of five stars.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment