12/7/15

Broken Wings (Hidden Wings #2) by Cameo Renae Review!


Emma’s world is falling apart, and Kade, the only one who seems to hold her together, is missing. With death lingering right outside their door, decisions must be made before it’s too late.
The Midway has refused to send help, so they are left to seek out the only other who can stop Lucian.
A perilous quest sends Emma and a few Guardians into the Underworld, where the unimaginable abide, to beseech the Prince of Darkness himself. Lucifer.
Now, they must endure the deadly levels of Hell, which not one …mortal or immortal… has ever survived.
Prepare for love, loss, and the unexpected. 

I am so glad that I started this series. I loved the first book in the series, Hidden Wings, which you can read my review of here, and I was so happy to get my hands on Broken Wings. This book picks up right where Hidden Wings ended and it hit the ground running. This book was one action packed adventure that kept me on the edge of my seat. Kade does something that I NEVER saw coming and it changed everything. However, that was just the beginning of the shocking discoveries and adventures. Emma and Kade had to travel through Hell to beg Lucifer of all people for help to defeat Lucien, and it was a wild journey. Emma was forced to battle snakes, killer monsters, and hell hounds, and she was badass. She finally started to accept that she was a Nephilim and that she was special, which really made me happy.
The action in this book really had me biting my nails and begging for everyone to be safe. The way Renae writes her action scenes is so captivating that you feel like you are there with the characters. So not only did I love Emma and Kade's relationship, I also loved the action in this book. Speaking of Emma and Kade, we got to see a little progress in their relationship, but something or someone I should say appeared and shot everything to Hell. Pun intended. This mysterious boy was one that will definitely cause trouble. Now, we have the forming of a love triangle, and I can already tell that the next book will be filled with jealousy and mixed emotions. I seriously cannot wait. I'm such a sucker for love triangles, and since I love this series, it makes it so much better. I look forward to reading the next book in the series and seeing what chaos will ensue next that is for sure!
I HIGHLY recommend this series to lovers of the Sweet Evil trilogy by Wendy Higgins and the Dark Elements trilogy by Jennifer L. Armentrout because this book has a similar atmosphere to those series and they are all filled with great characters, drool worthy love interests, and action that will have you excited for me and scared for your favorite characters. I give Broken Wings five out of five stars!

 

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! Thank you so much for the awesome review!!! I'm thrilled you're loving the Hidden Wings Series. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete