1/15/16

Lure (The Allure Chronicles #1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy Review!


 
There's danger in the beauty...
Two years, six months, and twenty-five days. That's how long it had been since I'd seen my winged hero— not that I'd been counting. I'd suffered through years of counseling just to convince my friends and family that I wasn't crazy and knew he didn't exist.
But he did. And I was done waiting.
Days after college graduation I headed back down to New Orleans to retrace my steps and find Owen again only to find my life was about to get even crazier... thanks to the most beautiful and dangerous of all paranormal creatures, the Allures.


                Lure really shocked me. I didn't expect to love this book so much, but once I started reading, the plot's intensity rose higher and higher with every chapter. Soon I felt like my heart would explode.
                The book started off with Seduction's Kiss, a Lure novella, to give a little background about Daisy and her first meeting of Owen. I loved reading the novella because I got to see the change in Daisy from Seductions Kiss to Lure. In Seductions Kiss, Daisy is shy, a pushover, and not very confident. However, in Lure, which is set two years after SK, Daisy is a little more open, strong willed, and working on being more confident. I connected with Daisy easily because her personality was so likable. She was both snarky and headstrong, which are characteristics that always make a novel fun to read. Then we have Owen, who is the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome. When Owen first made his appearance I knew I would become as obsessed with him as Daisy was. He was quiet and mysterious at first, but we slowly got to see that he had a huge heart, protected his own, and had a snarky streak like Daisy. They were a match made in heaven. When they interacted in the book it was explosive. I could practically feel the tension between them radiating from the book. It was great. It didn't hurt that the situation they were in made the tension a little worse.
                The plot of Lure was one that slowly built up and once it built up enough, everything beyond it was like a roller coaster ride. Daisy traveled to New Orleans for answers and began her journey to Owen, but she met a mysterious group along the way, who drove me up the wall. This group had the answers Daisy was looking for but they were so secretive that I wanted to scream at the book more than once. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to not get answers all at once and as soon as possible, but sadly, that's not how good books are written! The group did wonders for the plot because it kept me reading and it got my emotions raging. Lure had my irritations levels high most of the time, but it also had a few other emotions running high as well. The romance in the book also had my emotions in a whirl wind. We didn't get much romance until the end, but it was worth the wait. Whew, sparks flew, guys. Daisy and Owen are such an explosive couple, and they just fit together perfectly. I loved that we got two POVs in this book because it was interesting to see what was going on with Daisy and Owen, and what they were both thinking. It made each chapter interesting. However, it also made that ending hurt so much more become I easily got attached to Daisy and Owen. Therefore, when all of the answers came out and I learned what was happening to Daisy, my heart plummeted. I felt like I wanted to cry because I felt the same hopelessness that Daisy felt. After I finished the book, I was begging for the sequel because I needed answers!
                Needless to say, I highly enjoyed this book. It had everything I could ever want in a book, a mission to uncover secrets, adventure, romance, jealousy, paranormal creatures, and a plot that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I highly recommend this book to all NA paranormal book lovers because this would be right up your alley. I also recommend this book to anyone interested in unique paranormal creatures because these are ones that I have never seen writing about before! Lure really surprised me in that aspect. I cannot wait to see what happens to Daisy and Owen in the second book! I give Lure four out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment